Monday, April 13, 2015

Marraige License Information

Are you looking for information on to obtain your marriage license? The following is the information you will need for the State of Montana. Just be sure to go to your county's Clerk of District Court's office.

Marriage License Information

Marriage licenses are obtained from the Clerk of District Court's office located in the Law and Justice Center at 615 South 16th Avenue in Bozeman.  The license can be used immediately or within 180 days from the date of issuance.  It is valid in any county within Montana, but not in any other state or country.  
After the marriage ceremony, the person who performed the ceremony must return the license to the Clerk's office within 30 days for completion.  Once it is returned to the couple, the license can be used as proof of name change with Social Security and in changing the name on a driver's license.  

What to Bring to Obtain a Marriage License
(see below for additional requirements if under 18)
~ Both parties must appear.
~ Each must show a valid driver's license issued by any state.  A valid passport or birth certificate can be used in place of a driver's license.
~ As of October 1, 2007, a rubella blood test is no longer required for females between the ages of 18 and 50. The parties may sign an Informed Consent/Waiver of Requirement of Blood Test form. This form is available at the Clerk of District Court’s Office or online at the  MT Dept. of Public Health & Human Services website.  If you obtain the form from a source other than the Clerk of District Court, please bring the form with you when applying for your marriage license. If a female is over the age of 50, no waiver is required.
~ If either party was previously married, the full name of the ex-spouse as well as the exact date of the divorce or death must be written on the application.  The dissolution decree or death certificate are not required as proof.  

Cost:  The fee for a marriage license is $53.00 in cash.  
Checks, debit cards and credit cards are not accepted.

A Montana marriage can be solemnized by:
        -- Clergy (out-of-state clergy need not be registered in Montana)
        -- Judge (or retired judge) of a court of record
        -- Public official whose powers include solemnization of marriages
        -- Mayor, City Judge, Justice of the Peace
        -- Tribal Judge

The following link with get you to the Gallatin County website and you can download the application from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment